This was Nick's request for Father's Day. This is usually a 'special occasion' dish due to the cost of the meat as well as the nature of the sauce. I don't think I'll ever make it in the oven again, the crock pot method is so easy (and much cooler!).
Hatch family recipe
5-6 lbs country style pork ribs (boneless)
3/4 c. apricot or peach preserves
3/4 c. favorite BBQ sauce (find one with no high fructose corn syrup)
1/4 c. soy sauce
3 tsp. minced garlic (or a bit more) 1-2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, grated
2 Tbsp. green onion, sliced thinly
sesame seeds for garnish
1. Place pork ribs in 9" x 13" dish, cover with foil and back for 1 hour at 350.
2. While ribs are cooking, mix ingredients for sauce.
3. Remove foil, drain water, move to a new baking dish. Cover pork with 3/4 of glaze. Return to oven and make for 30 minutes at 350.
4. Cover with remaining glaze, bake for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
1. Put meat in crock pot with 1/2 of glaze on low (approx 6 hours).* I've cooked at a higher temp for a shorter time with great success.
2. Before serving, cover with remaining glaze.
3. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds