Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust





I know it's pretty un-American, but I think pumpkin pie is kinda gross. In fact, I don't think I've eaten any the last 4 or 5 Thanksgivings. A few weeks ago my mother-in-law made this pumpkiny dip and paired it with gingersnaps... I knew I had to make a cheesecake that incorporated those same flavors. Turns out there are others who like this combination as well, but I took the standard recipe I use for cheesecake and just tweaked it a bit to be Thanksgiving worthy.

Ingredients
Crust
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup crushed gingersnaps (use a high-quality kind with lots of ginger!)

Filling
4 (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice {can google for recipes to create your own with correct ratios}
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. flour

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a water bath by placing a large baking dish with 1" of water in the oven. To make cheesecake, grease bottom and sides of a 9" spring form pan. Wrap outside of pan with two layers of foil.

2. To prepare the crust,  in a medium bowl combine butter, sugar, and gingersnap crumbs. Press onto greased spring-form pan.

3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar just until smooth. Be careful not to over beat. Switch to a wooden spoon and blend in eggs (one at a time), mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and flour til smooth. Pour over the crust.

4. Place pan in 1" water bath. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Turn oven off- allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1-6 hours with the door closed. Remove from oven and chill in fridge until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment