Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nutella Gelato



Alright, technically this isn't gelato... but it was originally going to be. I was going to follow this recipe but the extra work and inclusion of eggs (although cooked into a custard) in pregnancy convinced me to go an easier route. I feel okay still calling it gelato because of the consistency and because, like good gelato, a little goes a long way. Really, one scoop of this should provide a satisfactory sugar fix. I was so, so tempted to add a few spoonfuls of peanut butter as it was churning in the ice cream maker, but since it was technically a Valentine's Day treat for Nick I restrained. (He likes peanut butter, but certainly not as much as me.)

Ingredients

1 cup Nutella
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 1/3 cup cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions

Mix Nutella and sugar until combined. Add milk and mix til sugar mixture is dissolved. Stir in cream and vanilla and chill for several hours. When chilled, follow directions on ice cream maker until desired consistency is reached (about 20 min). Store in air tight container in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment